Skoog is an accessible musical instrument. It’s a powerful, fun music interface for iPad that opens up a world of ‘musicplay’ to everyone, including those with disabilities. Whatever your skills, abilities and musical talents, the universal design enables accessible, expressive music making for children, parents, teachers, musicians and families.
From the moment you lay eyes on Skoog you’ll want to play it. Whether you tap it, twist it or squeeze it, the Skoog senses your touch and cleverly interprets your every move to make beautiful sound. Adjustable sensitivity means that you can play Skoog intuitively with any part of your body: hands, elbows, knees or head. With Skoog, the possibilities are endless.
Lightweight and portable, it’s easy to set up and use. Connecting via Bluetooth LE or USB, the Skoog comes with its own free App or can be used as a controller for other MIDI compatible music Apps. You can jam with your favourite tracks instantly with Skoog. The App integrates with your iTunes media library or music streaming service and automatically tunes your Skoog so you can play with the music you love. This is musicplay – no experience necessary just choose a song and get playing. Creative and fun, with Skoog you play-to-learn. That’s what musicplay is all about.
- Learning, playing or creating music using an accessible interface on your iPad or Mac – whether you’re a beginner or a pro
- Inclusive music making at home on stage or in the classroom
- Working with GarageBand and Logic with an accessible performance interface
- Enabling younger users to get musically creative
- Music education
- Suitable for MLD, SLD and PMD, children with global delay, genetic conditions such as Down’s Syndrome, sensory impairments, physical/medical challenges and those with Autism
- Adjustable sensitivity to suit a wide range of physical abilities.
- Multi-dimensional tactile sensor technology means you can play using the buttons, faces, edges or corners, opening up a range of playing options using different body parts.
- Tactile orientation marker helps those with visual impairments to navigate the Skoog interface.
- The Skoog App has iTunes integration and a key detection function which means you can jam along with tracks from your music library.
- The underside of the Skoog is specially designed to work with a suction mount so you can secure your Skoog in the most accessible position.
- Built-in guided access mode to hide on screen menus and enable users to focus on playing.
What’s in the Box?
- Skoog 2.0 tactile music interface
- Micro USB cable
- Quick start guide
- Height: 15 cm
- Width: 13 cm
- Length: 13 cm
- Weight: 585 grams
Bluetooth Low Energy. iOS 7 or 8. Mac OS X v10.6 or later
Skoog is compatible with iPad models that support Bluetooth Low Energy – this includes:
- iPad 3rd Generation
- iPad 4th Generation
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini
- iPad mini 2
- iPad mini 3
- and all models running iOS 9+