Equipment Trial Service
How do I return equipment to you?
We are pleased to offer free return shipping for all loan equipment via our e-Parcel Service by Australia Post.
To return a trial device, you can download a free postage label here:
- Fill in all details requested.
- Tick the terms and conditions and submit.
- You can either Download and print the return label for each item to be shipped or go paperless and the Post Office can print for you in store from the barcode that will be emailed to you.
- Take the items to your local post office to be scanned by staff.
- Please send the tracking details to email@example.com
We are also able to arrange collection of goods using a courier but this service incurs a fee.
Trial device only $82.50. Trial device with floorstand or Wheelchair mount $155.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a return shipping quote if required.
Link Assistive offers options for short term loans and rentals of a selection of our products to support our customers in choosing technology that will best meet their needs. Our Team can support you prior to, during and after your trial with training, technical troubleshooting and evaluating suitability of the equipment.
What is the difference between a short-term loan and a paid rental?
A short-term loan of a product from our trial pool of equipment is for a loan between 1 and 3 weeks which is then returned to us at the end of the trial period. There is a trial waitlist, we aim to keep our waitlist to 3 months. Short term loans are free of charge.
A paid rental is when a device is rented by the customer for between 4 and 12 weeks and there is a cost. The cost of the rental can be taken off the purchase price of the product. The rental device can be received within 4 weeks.
Short Term Loans
We offer free loans for a selection of our products including:
- Tobii Dynavox I-13
- Tobii Dynavox I-16
- Tobii Dynavox I-110
- Tobii Dynavox EyeMobile 5
- Tobii Dynavox Pilot
- Quha Zono gyroscopic mouse
The Tobii Dynavox Speech Case is not available for short-term loan however please contact us regarding your individual circumstances.
How do I book a short-term loan?
Please complete our online booking form (at the bottom of the page).
If you have questions or require further information please contact us on email@example.com or (08) 7120 6002
What software is on your loan devices?
Our short-term loan communication devices have the following software installed:
- Communicator 5 (except TD Pilot)
- Grid 3 including PODD (except TD I-110)
- TD Snap including PODD
- Snap Scene (except TD Pilot)
Our eye gaze devices have the following additional eye gaze software:
- Look to Learn Complete
- Look to Read
- Sensory Eye FX
- Kinka Games
Are there any costs involved?
The equipment will be couriered to you free of charge and the loan for 1-3 weeks is free of charge. The equipment can be returned via our free Australia Post e-parcel service.
Do your loan eye gaze devices come with mounts?
Yes, all our loan eye gaze devices will come with either a Clamp on Mount or Table Stand. You can also request a FloorStand if required. Should you require an alternative mounting system such as a Monty 3D Wheelchair Mount please contact us for additional costs and information. Note: we can only add one additional mount.
What accessories do you have available?
We have a selection of keyguards available for the devices listed above. Additional accessories such as switches or switch mount kits (such as the L3D MC 2QS Flex Switch) can be discussed on an individual basis with your clinical team member. Please advise us of accessories required when booking your trial.
Can I loan a mount without a communication device?
Yes, you can loan a mount without a communication device however there is a cost. Please have a look on our Equipment Rental page.
How long is a short-term loan?
Short term loans are 1-3 weeks to ensure our waitlists for equipment remain as short as possible. Please nominate length of your trial when booking.
Can I edit the software while the device is on loan?
Yes, we want you to use the device as much as you can! We reset all devices between trials. If you make changes that you want to be saved to be loaded onto a new device, please contact us and we can support you with this.
What support can I access?
The Link Assistive Team is available to support you from assessment through the device trial process and evaluation. Our Speech Pathologists can support you in determining suitable equipment to trial and providing you with the training you need to make the most of your trial. Should you encounter technical challenges during your trial our team is able to log in remotely to the device to support with troubleshooting.
We also have a range of support resources including assessment forms, trial evaluation forms and feature matching tools on our website: https://www.linkassistive.com/tobii-dynavox-resources/
What if the equipment is damaged, lost or stolen?
The individual or organization signing the Equipment Loan Agreement is liable for all costs if the equipment is damaged, lost or stolen. Should the equipment not operate properly when it arrives, please notify Link Assistive immediately upon noticing the malfunction and request instructions.
Are your loan devices covered by insurance?
Link Assistive has insurance for the equipment when it is in transit to and from the borrower.
Can I loan more than one device?
To ensure that our waitlists remain as short as possible we encourage you to speak to one of our speech pathologists regarding the best option for you to trial. There are times that multiple devices will need to be trialled to determine the most suitable device.
For more information and to request a loan go to:
Conditions of Equipment Trial Loans – please read carefully.
- Equipment can be trialed for between 1 to 3 weeks.
- Paid Rental options are available for a selection of our devices if you require a longer trial period.
- Fees (mounts) – Initial hire fees apply, $100-$150 depending on the mount. Subsequent weeks are $100.00 (ex GST) each. Return shipping fees are not included.
- Should the equipment not operate properly when it arrives, you MUST notify Link Assistive immediately upon noticing the malfunction and request instructions.
- The ‘end date’ on the loan form is the date the equipment leaves your organization. If the device has removable batteries, please take out batteries. If the batteries cannot be removed, your courier (including AusPost) might not transport via air, which means transport via road.
- If the trial return date is unable to be met, you are required to notify Link Assistive at least 1 week prior to that date.
- If the equipment is not returned by the due date and no extension has been mutually agreed to then a late fee of $100/week will apply until the equipment is received by Link Assistive.
- The equipment is to be returned in its original packaging, with all items in a clean state. A fee will apply should the equipment require cleaning upon return.
- Equipment trials are only available within Australia.
- The organization signing the Loan Agreement is liable for all costs if the equipment is damaged, lost or stolen.
- The equipment is to be returned to Link Assistive in original packaging via our free Australia Post return shipping service.
- We are also able to arrange collection of goods using a courier but this service incurs a fee.
- Link Assistive must be advised of the postage date and Registered Mail number or consignment number once the equipment has been sent.