PC Eye 5 –
- In the Windows search box (lower left corner) type “Run” and press enter.
- Now type “shell:startup”. The “Start-up” folder will appear.
- Drag the Compass shortcut from the desktop to the “Start-up” folder.
Troubleshooting Eye Tracker firmware upgrade failure:
Update Control Centre and Gaze Interaction Settings to latest version via Update Notifier.
Install “Bonjour for Windows”
EyeMobile crashing / wifi not working / running slow:
Initiate cold restart – open command prompt by typing “CMD” in the search box. Run the following command: “shutdown /r /f /t 0”
Alternatively, hold the power button for 20 seconds (continue to hold even when screen turns black), then turn the device back on.
With the device powered on, hold the power button for 20 seconds (continue to hold even when screen turns black).
Then switch the device back on.
If the issue persists, contact Link Assistive.
I-12 & I-15:
Open ‘Gaze Interaction Settings’ from the desktop. Select ‘Windows Control’ on the left. Ensure ‘Mouse Emulation’, and ‘Auto-start with Windows’ are both enabled. Reboot your device.
I-13 & I-16:
Method 1: Run ‘Communicator 5’, then load the page set ‘Gaze Point for Communicator’. If it’s not on the Home Page you can add it from the ‘Emerging Communication’ section.
Method 2: Run ‘Computer Control’, either via the desktop shortcut, or via the off-screen eye gaze menu. Look below the screen, the menu should pop up. Select the ‘Continuous Mode’ icon (picture of the mouse with the two arrows).
EyeMobile Mini & EyeMobile Plus:
Run ‘Gaze Point’ (red icon) on the desktop.
Run ‘Computer Control’, either via the desktop shortcut, or via the off-screen eye gaze menu. Look below the screen, the menu should pop up. Select the ‘Continuous Mode’ icon (picture of the mouse with the two arrows).
1. Go to Settings > Speech. Set the Audio Feedback voice to a voice different to the Speaking voice.
2. Go to Configure (Audio Feedback), set the Speakers to Headphones.
3. Now go to Settings > Access > Switches.
4. Go to Activation. Scroll down to Highlighting. Set ‘Speak Description when Highlighting’.
Eye tracker not working / throwing Windows errors.
Uninstall Gaze Interaction Software.
Uninstall Tobii Eye Tracking
Uninstall Tobii IS3/IS4 Driver
Delete the following folder:
C:\ProgramData\Tobii Dynavox\Gaze Interaction
Reinstall Gaze Interaction Software.
If problems persist, contact Link Assistive.
Portable Surface Pro Power Bank’s can be purchased from AusPowerBanks:
Note: Link Assistive is not affiliated with AusPowerBanks and all warranty claims must go directly through them.
Follow these instructions if you are unable to activate your Tobii software due to Firewall restrictions:
Try to open this website http://updateservice.tobii.org with a regular internet browser. If it is loading the page and you can see a table with software products, your internet connection is ok.
If you cannot see it, make sure both your computer and network firewall allow traffic to http://updateservice.tobii.org. It is regular http traffic; no ports are required.
Devices will need HTTP (port 80) at Mytobiidynavox.com.
To access Mytobiidynavox.com in a web browser, it also requires HTTPS (port 443).
This issue has been caused by a recent Windows Update, below are the steps to resolve it:
- Leave the ‘Current Password’ field blank.
- Enter a new password in both of the “New Password” fields. Make sure to write it down.
The new password will now be required to login, however you can remove it via the below steps:
- Open Windows Settings.
- Click on Accounts.
- Click on Sign-in options.
- Under the “Manage how you sign in to your device” section, select the Password option.
- Click the Change button.
- Confirm your current account password.
- Click the Next button.
- Leave the “Password” and “Re-enter password” fields blank to remove the password entirely.
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Finish button.
Once you complete the steps, a password will no longer be required to access the Windows 10 desktop.