Magic Carpet™ is an award-winning interactive projection system that displays motion responsive games and activities on to floors, tables and beds. Magic Carpet™ offers a wide variety of stimulating content that is suitable for multi-sensory exploration, play, learning, therapy and relaxation.
Responsive surfaces for interaction, therapy and play. Magic Carpet™ removes many of the barriers people face when interacting in mixed ability groups by offering a universally accessible interaction platform. Magic Carpet™ enables everyone to participate on equal terms and helps to create an inclusive play environment.
- Responsivity – The slightest movement over the projected image will cause an audiovisual effect response. User interaction creates real-time communication feedback with the content and allows games and activities to be responsive to body movement.
- Interaction – Magic Carpet™ allows multiple users to interact at the same time using a variety of different inputs, opening up a world of collaborative exploration and play. Output the image to a second monitor to enable eye gaze users to interact with peers that use body movements.
- Dynamics – Magic Carpet™ applications offer dynamic physics capabilities allowing movements to interact with virtual objects in a realistic way. Physics properties can be adapted so that small movements can be amplified to create a larger audiovisual effect.
- Stimulation – Magic Carpet™ caters for a wide range of needs with applications designed for early stimulation, exploration and engagement. From simple coloured effects to realistic fish ponds, quizzes and games, Magic Carpet™ provides variable stimulation levels for the needs of a wide range of people.
- Kinaesthesis – Participants use their limbs and body to interact with the content, helping to enhance their sense of movement while shifting position, orientation and reaching out to interact with game objects. Magic Carpet™ is designed to get people moving and exploring their environment in a safe way.