Terms and Conditions – Rentals
We offer equipment rentals for the following devices:
- Tobii Dynavox I-13
- Tobii Dynavox I-16
- Link Assistive EyeMobile 5
- TD Pilot
- TD I-110
- MyECC Eye gaze control powered wheelchair
There may be additional costs for software if it does not come standard on the device. You are also able to rent a mount if required.
Are rental devices new?
In general all rental eye gaze devices are new or may be part of a rental equipment pool. Should you go ahead with an I-Series or EyeMobile buy-out you will receive a new device.
Are there minimal rental periods?
The minimum rental period for all devices is 12 weeks. The rental period cannot be greater than 24 weeks.
What are my options at the end of the device rental period?
At the end of the device rental period you have the option to buy-out the equipment*, return the equipment or extend the rental.
* the buy-out rules don’t apply when only a mount is rented.
Option 1 Buy Out
- The buy-out of rental equipment needs to occur within the current rental period.
- Rental fees up to 12 weeks excluding shipping & handling will be deducted from the buy-out.
- The buy-out invoice needs to be paid before the due date (14 days after invoice issued).
- Extension fees cannot be deducted from the purchase price of the device. Only the first 12 weeks can be deducted (excluding shipping and handling).
- Purchases after returning the equipment are not eligible for a buy-out (no rental fees will be deducted).
Option 2 Return Device
- The equipment is to be returned to Link Assistive in original packaging via our free Australia Post return shipping service.We are also able to arrange collection of goods using a courier but this service incurs a fee.
Option 3 Extend Rental
- There is an option to extend your rental per 4 weeks. Costs as above. Extension fees cannot be deducted from the purchase price of the device. Only the first 12 weeks can be deducted (less shipping).
Do I get a discount if I purchase?
If you decide to purchase the device, then the rental fees are taken out of the price of purchase. You keep the device you have rented. The device must be purchased within the rental period.
What support can I access?
The Link Assistive Team is available to support you from assessment through the trial process and evaluation. Our speech pathologists and occupational therapist can support you in determining suitable equipment to trial and providing you with the training you need to make the most of your trial. Should you encounter technical challenges during your trial our team is able to log in remotely to the device to support with troubleshooting.
How do I get a quote for rentals?
Please contact the Link Assistive Team for an individualised quote firstname.lastname@example.org or (08) 7120 6002.
How to return rental equipment
We are pleased to offer free return shipping for rental equipment via our e-Parcel Service by Australia Post.
To return rental equipment, you can download a free postage label here:
- Fill in all details requested.
- Tick the terms and conditions and submit.
- PLEASE CREATE A SEPARATE LABEL WITH A UNIQUE BARCODE FOR EACH PACKAGE.
- You can either Download and print the return label/s for each item to be shipped or go paperless and the Post Office can print for you in store from the barcode/s that will be emailed to you.
- Take the items to your local post office to be scanned by staff.
- Please send the tracking details for each item to email@example.com